Breakfast is probably my favorite meal, i can have it all day. That’s part of what I love about Australia, almost all the cafes have all day breakfast.
Of course, it’s terribly expensive to be dining out on breakfast too often so usually on weekends, either one of us would whip up a hearty brunch. This is my lazy version when I want something quick, steaming hot & comforting for breakfast. I make this when I don’t want to slave at the stove in my PJs.
I invented this dish so there isn’t really a proper recipe. It’s quite hard to have a recipe for something that’s simply thrown in together on a whim.
This recipe is for 1 person portion. Here’s the basic steps:
1. Preheat oven at 180C
2. Heat olive oil, saute chopped onions
3. Add in sliced Sausage (please get the good quality ones. For those who are still eating the processed cheap ones, I highly recommend you watch Jamie Oliver “Revolution” on how they’re made….you’ll never touch the processed ones again. It’s really really super gross)
4. Sprinkle 2 tsp of smoked paprika, rosemary & salt over the Sausage & onion mixture. Continue to fry until sausage is cooked.
5. Spoon the sausage mixture into a oven proof bowl, pour baked beans over as a 2nd layer. Crack 1 or 2 eggs, sprinkle cheddar cheese (i used kraft cos that’s all i had in the fridge).
6. Bake in oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking & cheese is nicely melted.
6. Serve with crusty toast.
Tip: Eat with your hands, use the toast to mop up the heavenly bubbly goodness.