The baking craze continues….this time a variation, bread stuffed & baked together with any typical sandwich fillings (eg. Ham & cheese, Salami & cheese, Tuna mayo etc)
Simply follow the basic bread recipe below but at the stage after the first prove, follow these steps:
(1) Lightly punch down & flatten the dough into either a round or rectangle shape.
(2) Divide the dough into half
(3) On one half, put your fillings (i used Ham, Cheese & Spinach)
(4) Place the other half on top, gently pinch the edges to seal it.
(5) Prick little holes on the top to let air out, brush generously with olive oil (for color)
(6) Let it prove for another 45 mins or until (almost) double
(7) Baked in pre-heated oven at 220C (or 200C fan forced)
And taah-da…., this was what we had for dinner a few nights ago: