Had my first foray into bread making and it was a surprisingly YUM & easy! Beauty of this recipe is you don’t need to pre-heat the oven beforehand, that cuts down cooking time compared to other typical bread recipes.
See the result:
Putting down the recipe here in case I lose the hand-scribbled version.
15g (1/2oz) Yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1 cup lukewarm water, extra plain flour
1. Crumble yeast into basin, add 1/2 cup warm water, sprinkle sugar into water, cover, stand in warm place for 15 to 20 mins or until mixture is foamy
2. Sift flour & salt into large glass bowl, make well in centre, pour yeast mixture, oil & extra water.
3. Mix with hand, squeezing dough well until dough starts to leave side of basin.
4. Cover and stand in warm place for about 45 mins/ until dough has doubled in bulk.
5. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead well for about 5 mins.
6. Shape into round shape, place on lightly greased oven tray, dust top with flour, slash top.
7. Put dough in cold oven, turn to 200 degrees, bake for 45 mins.